- Current projects
- Past projects
- Other projects
About internships at Eco Innovation
We invite expressions of interest from prospective interns motivated by the activities Eco Innovation has identified as requiring permanent support.
N.B.: this is a general list. Responsibilities will be discussed individually, letting priorities, skills, preferences etc, come into play. Actual tasks will therefore represent a fraction of the ones below. New potential tasks may also emerge during the course of the project.
1.1 Business plan / strategic agenda
- Interview EI members, gather feedback related to EI strategy;
- Develop our business plan, integrating latest changes of circumstances and opportunities;
- Prepare synthesis documents for internal approval (e.g., by EI Board) and external communication;
- Explore funding opportunities and contribute to proposal writing. Full guidance provided from confirmed proposal-writers;
- Contribute to define EI's corporate strategy and project portfolio.
1.2 General information watch & consolidation
- Google searches (general or focussed);
- Thematic literature searches in virtual libraries;
- Preparation of thematic digests and web pages;
- Preparation of draft reports (e.g., compilation of reports of activity from members' information);
- Web management: text, graphic, forum mining, online surveys (in collaboration with internet specialist).
- Identify similar networks and organisations;
- Maintain database of partners / potential partners / relevant entities;
- Contribute to external communication (e-newsletter, etc).
- (with support from specialist) contribute to accounts and financial statements; compare Irish and Belgium accounts and tax systems.
- Procurement and misc.
For students in relevant disciplines, interested in eco-innovation issues: join us and write your essay/thesis with us. Research assistance is sought on several topics (see Projects menu and prospective topics). Topics can be adapted to match your personal interests.
- Demonstrated motivation for eco-innovation and sustainable development themes;
- Good public relations, writing and organisational skills;
- Proficiency / excellence in English if not native English speaker;
- Readiness to innovate and propose original solutions;
- Readiness to engage in in-depth communication in English with a range of actors (from the European Commission to local citizens).
Secondary skills (an advantage, but not essential)
- Knowledge of the French or Dutch language, and/or another non native language;
- Background / interest in Ecological, Institutional, Agricultural Economics, French Convention Theory, Socio-anthropology of sciences and techniques, and related areas;
- Web design and editing skills; experience with graphic and multimedia creation;
- Experience with Mac OS X platform.
- Internship based in Anderlecht, one of the 19 communes of Brussels (Belgium), 10 minutes by foot from international Midi train station. Flexible options (e.g., part-time, teleworking) can be considered where appropriate;
- Possibility of travel for events or research, as required by EI's development;
- Financial compensation: to be negotiated;
- Start and duration: to be negotiated. Expressions of interest from students preparing a research essay/ thesis are encouraged;
- Access to offices with wireless internet broadband;
- Support and expertise provided from international network of committed professionals: logistics, proposal writing, research, thesis tutoring, etc.
- Access to organic vegetable gardens.
Contact us for informal inquiry and/or application: CV + cover letter presenting your experience and motivation.
Recent blog posts
- La mort est dans le pré
- Les Goujons
- Acheter en ligne ses légumes ??
- La plaine de Liverpool
- Nouveau : le catalogue de bacs est consultable en ligne
- Près de 6000 emplois identifiés dans le maraîchage en région Bruxelloise
- Eco Innovation et son réseau fondent la coopérative Vert d'Iris (scrl-fs)
- 2012 : Renaissance de la Rosée
- Jardin du Nord
- Pleins phares sur Les Jardins du Nord !
- More on developing eco-innovation
5 years 45 weeks ago
- Yes RUAF is an interesting
6 years 35 weeks ago
- Ce blog du Monde relate
7 years 1 week ago
- Vegetal city
7 years 3 weeks ago
7 years 19 weeks ago
- Photos of the climate dancing
7 years 27 weeks ago
- Check out this organization
7 years 32 weeks ago
7 years 32 weeks ago
- Internships in such
8 years 16 weeks ago
- Filled with Imagination
7 years 32 weeks ago